Disaster relief committee was constituted in 1991 with the following objective:
- To co-ordinate efforts of various voluntary agencies for the purpose of bringing release citizens affected by any type of large-scale disaster, either man made or act of
- To mobilize funds, medicines, food,clothing and shelter arrangements for the persons affected by some disaster situation.
- To arrange for speedy and effective distribution of ad in event of large-scale disaster
- To earmark suitable sites for temporary housing of disaster affected persons.
- To inform volunteer groups for undertaking responsibilities in such a situations.